Bolsa Chica Wetlands Clean-Up

Celebrating Earth Day

On April 22, 2013 we participated in an Earth Day clean-up at Bolsa Chica wetlands in Huntington Beach, CA. The Bolsa Chica Conservancy is a non-profit, non-political organization whose mission is to advocate the restoration and preservation of the Bolsa Chica Wetlands through public outreach, participation, education and leadership. During our Earth Day tutorial we were informed that from Santa Barbara to San Diego, 90% of Southern California's salt marshes are gone. The remaining 10% must be maintained and cared for because there are species that are dependent on these habitats. We participated by pulling invasive plants, like ice plant and star thistle, and picking up trash.