How to Clean Mold
Mold appears in dark, damp areas and can spread quickly if it's not properly eliminated. Not only is it unsightly, it is also bad for your health – mold releases microscopic spores that cause allergic reactions, runny noses and sneezing, as well as irritating odors.
Simple Green d Pro 5 One-Step Disinfectant will effectively inhibit mold growth and the odors caused by it when applied to hard, non-porous surfaces.
Before cleaning, be sure to protect yourself from contact with mold by wearing a long sleeve shirt and long pants as well as plastic or rubber gloves and goggles.
- Prepare your Simple Green solution. Use 2 ounces of Simple Green d Pro 5 One-Step Disinfectant for each gallon of water.
- Apply solution. Apply solution to the affected hard, non-porous surface with a cloth, mop, sponge, sprayer or by immersion. Make sure to thoroughly wet the surface and keep it wet for 10 minutes. For sprayer applications, use a coarse spray device. Spray 6-8 inches from the surface, then rub with brush, sponge or cloth. Avoid breathing spray.
- Dry. Wipe the area dry with a cloth, sponge or mop, or allow it to air dry.
- Repeat to prevent new growth. Repeat this treatment every 7 days, or more often if new growth appears.