How to Get Rid of Dog Urine Smell on Grass
If your dog does its business in your yard, it can be difficult to keep odors from building up over time. Dogs are inclined to use the same spot repeatedly, which can create a strong, concentrated smell and make odor removal particularly difficult.
That putrid stench lingers long after the liquid has been absorbed, and can last months unless treated properly. To really get these odors out, you'll want to make sure you're eliminating them, not just covering up the smell (as many products do).
Use a cleaning product with enzymes and live bacteria to break down and eliminate the source of the tough odors. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator uses safe, naturally-occurring bacterial microbes that eliminate odors at the source. The non-toxic and biodegradable formula is also safer for use around pets and surrounding plants, unlike other household remedies such as lime, which can be dangerous to your dog's health.
For best results, use product during cooler times of day such as dawn or dusk
- Clear area. Remove any solid waste from the area and shake bottle of Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator well.
- Connect hose. Point nozzle away from people and pets and only in direction you want to spray. Connect sprayer to hose.
- Apply cleaner. Turn on water. Push safety tab toward hose and turn nozzle control clockwise to On position. Spray down area.
- Let sit. Allow 10 minutes for the cleaner to work. You want to avoid letting it dry during this time, so in warmer weather you may need to lightly mist the area you're cleaning with more cleaning product, to prevent quick evaporation.
- Rinse. Rinse and allow surface to dry. Repeat if necessary.
Tip: Applying this product at dusk allows it a longer time to stay damp and active. You can also lightly mist the treated area with water to reactivate and get additional deodorizing action.
Available at these and other local stores: