Vinyl siding has been the leading exterior siding choice in the U.S. since 1995, and for good reason. Durable, versatile and resilient, you can keep your vinyl siding looking great for years to come with basic routine care and cleaning. It doesn't rot, it's not difficult to clean and maintain, and it's a sustainable material, making it the preferred siding choice for environmentally-conscious homeowners.
Cleaning vinyl siding can be a quick and easy task, if you keep a semi-regular maintenance schedule. Simple Green Oxy Solve House and Siding Cleaner can help make the task even easier. This EPA Safer Choice Direct Release formula uses peroxide to brighten and renew surfaces without bleach, while removing dirt and stains from mold, mildew, moss, algae, chalking and more. Use it for hand cleaning or in your pressure washer on vinyl siding as well as stucco, wood, brick, and aluminum siding.
Follow the simple cleaning steps below to remove dirt, pollutants, grime, and stains from algae, mold, and mildew, and keep the best look and longest lifespan for your vinyl siding.
When in doubt about a surface, always spot test first. Be sure to check your warranty beforehand. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendation on proper cleaning practices.
Directions for Cleaning Vinyl Siding
PRESSURE WASHER APPLICATION
Be sure to check your equipment warranty beforehand. Always follow the manufacturer's recommendation on proper cleaning practices.
Use caution when using a pressure washer and cleaning around openings like windows, doors, lighting, and plumbing connections.
Before cleaning: Protect nearby plants and grass by rinsing them with water before and after pressure washing.
- Hose down the surface.
- Pour full-strength Simple Green Oxy Solve House and Siding Cleaner into your pressure washer detergent tank, or drop your siphon tube into the product bottle.
- Apply Simple Green onto the siding in sections from bottom to top, using a low-pressure setting and a 25-40 degree nozzle tip. Make sure your pressure washer nozzle is pointed at the siding in a downward angle, keeping a minimum of 18 inches from the surface to avoid driving water beneath or behind the siding. Do not allow the product to dry onto the surface, or it will be harder to rinse off.
- Rinse well with clean water from top to bottom.
Follow the Before Cleaning information above.
- In a bucket or large container, mix 1.5 cups Simple Green Oxy Solve House and Siding Cleaner in a gallon of water.
- Hose down the siding.
- Use a soft-bristle brush to apply the cleaning mixture in sections, scrubbing firmly enough to clean without damaging the siding surface. Don't allow to dry between sections or it will be harder to rinse off.
- Rinse with a hose from top to bottom.
[Note: Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Outdoor Cleaner is the ideal direct-release formula for this job, but if you cannot obtain it, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is safe for your pressure washer and works great, too.]