Urine odors on concrete areas such as patios and driveways are often powerful and difficult to remove. Concrete is porous. When urine lands on a concrete area, it bonds tightly to the concrete as it dries, penetrating deep within its pores. This can make odor removal particularly difficult.
That terrible stench lingers long after the liquid has been absorbed, and can last months unless treated properly. To really get these odors out, make sure you're eliminating them, not just covering up the smell (like many products do).
Use a cleaning product with enzymes and live bacteria to break down and eliminate the source of the tough odors. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator uses safe, naturally-occurring bacterial microbes that eliminate odors at the source with a non-toxic and biodegradable formula that won't harm pets or surrounding plants.
For best results, use product during cooler times of day such as dawn or dusk.
- Clear area. Remove any solid waste from the area. Keep pets out of area during application.
- Connect hose. Shake bottle of Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator well. Point the nozzle away from your face and attach your hose to back end of the sprayer.
- Apply product. Turn on the water slowly using low to moderate water pressure. Push the safety tab forward toward hose and turn nozzle control clockwise to "On" position. Spray down the area.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. For stubborn areas, scrub the affected area with a scrub brush, before allowing the product to sit for 10 minutes to penetrate the concrete pores. Avoid letting it dry during this time, as the longer it stays damp, the longer the bacteria have to digest the organic soils. In windy or warmer conditions you may need to lightly mist the area you're cleaning with more odor eliminator, to prevent quick evaporation.
- Allow to dry. Repeat if necessary.
Tip: Every third or fourth time you apply the product, you should give the concrete a quick scrub and rinse with plain water to avoid buildup.