How To Hand Wash Clothes
Washing machine broken? Tired of feeding the coin-operated washers? Whether by choice or necessity, hand-washing your clothes can help conserve water, protect your clothes and save on energy costs. Using a mild laundry detergent with a few basic step by step instructions gets the job done.
Need to remove a laundry stain? Get it out with this tip.
Spot test a small, hidden area before use.
- Separate clothing by color, to be washed separately. Delicate fabrics such as silk, wool and lace should also be washed separately.
- Fill sink, tub or washbin with warm water. Pour a capful of Simple Green Laundry into the container.
- Add clothes and agitate for 2-3 minutes, rubbing dirtier fabrics against themselves to help the detergent penetrate soils.
- Remove clothes, and wring out excess water. Drain and rinse washbin, then fill with clean water.
- Submerge clothes, and agitate. Allow clothes to soak 5-10 minutes.
- Remove clothes, and wring out excess water. Drain and rinse washbin.
- Hang clothes on drying rack or line, or put in dryer.