How to Disinfect Granite Countertops
Did you know that one bacteria can multiply into more than 8 million in less than 24 hours*? That means your granite countertop can quickly become a bacterial breeding ground for E. Coli, Salmonella, cold, flu and more.
It's common knowledge that you need to disinfect your kitchen counter after handling raw meat or eggs, but a quick swipe with a paper towel or wipe isn't going to get the surface properly clean or disinfected. 77% of sponges contain dangerous bacteria*, so those aren't going to work, either.
A twice-weekly disinfecting schedule is recommended in addition to a daily cleaning schedule, as well as after any use of raw meat, eggs or dairy products. People commonly use disinfecting wipes because they seem convenient, but they often require that surfaces remain wet for up to 10 minutes in order to be effective, and keeping a surface wet with disinfecting wipes can be more difficult than you might think. Many of them contain alcohol, which can cause the liquid to dry quickly. This can make it difficult to keep the surface wet without re-wiping multiple times, resulting in a potential waste of both time and money.
A fast-acting spray-application disinfectant will allow you to disinfect the hard-to-reach areas that wipes can't, and ensures that the surface remains wet for the proper time so germs are, in fact, killed. An EPA-registered disinfectant can eliminate cold, flu, E. Coli, Salmonella, Staph and other illness-causing bacteria in 2 minutes or less, remaining wet and active on hard, non-porous surfaces long enough to do its intended job.
- Remove gross filth or heavy soil prior to application of Simple Green Clean Finish Disinfectant Cleaner.
- Apply product with a hand pump trigger sprayer. Hold sprayer six to eight inches from the surface to be treated.
- Spray area until it is covered with the product.
- Allow surface to remain wet for 2 minutes. No scrubbing necessary.
- Allow treated surfaces to air dry or wipe off with clean cloth.
When using on food contact surfaces: counter tops, stovetops, highchairs, kitchen appliances, thoroughly rinse all treated surfaces with potable (tap) water. This product must not be used to clean eating utensils, glassware and dishes.