Stains on infant seats and car seat covers are almost inevitable when you're carting kids around. Those mysterious spots linger on the back seats, only to be discovered when you remove their car seat completely, which doesn't happen often.
Even though it is recommended that you treat a stain as soon as it occurs, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner does the hard work for you in removing stains that may have dried into your fabric car seat covers.
If you're unsure about how Simple Green will affect a surface, be sure to spot test before cleaning.
SPOT CLEANING CAR SEATS
- Wet the surface. Wet the upholstery to help the Simple Green penetrate dirt and make it easier to wipe clean.
- Apply full strength Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner. Spray on and allow the product to soak in for 60 seconds. Work on one seat or area at a time – try not to let the cleaner dry on the surface.
- Scrub if necessary. Scrubbing with a soft bristle brush or non-abrasive scrubbing pad provides agitation that will help to loosen soils and will ensure a thoroughly clean, residue-free surface.
- Rinse with clean water. Rinse by wiping with a damp microfiber pad or non-abrasive cloth.
- Allow to air dry. Do not sit on or use the treated area until it is completely dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
CARPET CLEANING MACHINE (with hand tool attachment)
- Mix a 1:10 dilution of Simple Green and water.
- Apply the solution onto the headboard in sections with a clean cloth, or lightly mist surface with a spray bottle.
- Extract with the carpet cleaning machine using clean water (add a small amount of white vinegar to reduce foaming in the recovery tank).
- Allow cleaned area to completely dry.
Heavy soils may require repeated application.
Do not allow Simple Green solution to dry onto upholstered surfaces. If residues are allowed to dry onto the surface, use vinegar or a hydrogen peroxide and baking soda solution to remove.
Always check your product warranty before cleaning. If you aren't sure if Simple Green is compatible with a specific upholstery, contact the item's manufacture for confirmation.