How to Clean Chrome Bathroom Fixtures
Chrome fixtures can add a brilliant, glimmering appeal to the bathrooms in your home, turning an ordinary sink area into a chic and classy layout. The downside is that chrome is a very soft metal, and thus highly susceptible to surface blemishes, pitting and corrosion if not properly maintained.
Compared to other common household surface materials, chrome is refreshingly easy to clean. Consistency and persistence is the way to keep chrome looking its best, and lasting for many years to come. If not properly maintained, chrome fixtures exposed to mineral deposits, toothpaste residue, waterspots and more can close shine, corrode, and even peel away from the metal structure underneath.
Frequent cleaning with an appropriate cleaner is the best way to clean dull or stained chrome and keep your fixtures safe.
Simple Green Pro HD Heavy-Duty Cleaner is a professional grade cleaner and degreaser that breaks down grease and removes stains on a wide variety of surfaces. The non-corrosive formula safely cleans chrome, stainless steel, aluminum and other metals.
Directions for Cleaning Brass Fixtures
Do not soak chrome items in Simple Green Pro HD. Long soak times in any alkaline, water-based cleaner can cause dingy, grey discoloration.
- Apply Simple Green Pro HD. Spray Simple Green Pro HD Heavy-Duty Cleaner onto the surface.
- Scrub. Use a wet, soft toothbrush to scrub, paying close attention to crevices.
- Rinse. Rinse the fixture with clean water or thoroughly wipe down with a damp cloth.
- Dry. Buff dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Polish. Simple Green Pro HD safely cleans brass but does not polish it, so follow up with a polishing compound to shine.