Outdoor cats often use the backyard to do their business, which builds up over time and can make odor removal particularly difficult, resulting in a stinky outdoor area.
That unpleasant cat urine stench lingers long after the liquid has been absorbed, and can last months unless treated properly. To really get these odors out, you'll want to make sure you're eliminating them, not just covering up the smell (as many products do).
Use a cleaning product with enzymes and live bacteria to break down and eliminate the source of the tough odors. Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator uses safe, naturally-occurring bacterial microbes that eliminate odors at the source. The non-toxic and biodegradable formula is also safer for use around pets and surrounding plants, unlike other household remedies such as lime, which can be dangerous to your cat's health.
For best results, use product during cooler times of day such as dawn or dusk.
- Clear area. Remove any solid waste from the area and shake bottle of Simple Green Outdoor Odor Eliminator well. Keep pets out of area during application.
- Connect hose. Point nozzle away from your face and attach hose to back end of sprayer.
- Apply cleaner. Turn on water slowly and use low to moderate pressure. Push safety tab forward toward hose and turn nozzle counter clockwise to "On" position. Spray down the area.
- Agitate. For stubborn areas, scrub the affected area with a scrub brush, then allow 10 minutes for the cleaner to penetrate the concrete pores. Avoid letting it dry during this time, as the longer it stays damp, the longer bacteria have to digest the organic soils. In windy or warmer conditions you may need to lightly mist the area you're cleaning with more cleaning product, to prevent quick evaporation.
- Allow to dry. Repeat if necessary.
Tip: Applying this product at dusk allows it a longer time to stay damp and active. You can also lightly mist the treated area with water to reactivate and get additional deodorizing action.