Dog owners know that vomiting and the resulting carpet cleaning are common occurrences. Though it's often a run-of-the-mill incident for your dog, a stain left untreated could be catastrophic for your carpet, as the acid found in pet vomit can be damaging and lead to discoloration. And large breeds can do even greater damage!
It's important that you attend to the vomit stain as quickly as possible and remove as much of it as you can before it has a chance to sink too deeply into the fibers.
Simple Green Advanced Dog Bio-Boost Stain & Odor Remover contains powerful, natural microorganisms and enzymes to eliminate severe odors and messes that lodge deep into fibers and padding. It easily removes tough stains and unpleasant odors from carpet, upholstery, bedding, laundry, crates, carriers and more. It can even remove or improve old or set-in stains and odor.
- Remove the solids. Use a spoon, spatula, or a couple of dry paper towels to pick up the bulk of the mess. Be careful not to press anything deeper into the carpet fibers.
- Spray cleaner. Saturate the soiled area with Simple Green Advanced Dog Bio-Boost Stain & Odor Remover.
- Scrub and let sit. Gently scrub area with a towel or soft-bristled brush. Work from the outside edges of the vomit stain inward, and be careful not to scrub too hard, as this would push the stain deeper into the carpet. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Blot clean. Blot with a clean, absorbent cloth or paper towel.
- Dry. Allow the area to dry.
- Vacuum if desired. Once the stain is gone and the area is completely dry, vacuum the carpet to restore softness and evenness.