Cat urine odors in carpet are often powerful and difficult to remove, in part because of the urine's highly concentrated scent. After the urine seeps into carpet fibers and the padding beneath your carpet, that acidic, funky stench can linger long after the liquid has been absorbed. Unless treated properly, the smell can become an inescapable nuisance, as well as unsightly carpet stains from the urine.
To really get these odors out, you'll want to make sure you're eliminating them, not just covering up the smell (like many products do). Use a cleaning product with enzymes and live bacteria to break down and eliminate the source of the tough odors. Simple Green Cat Pet Stain & Odor Remover uses safe, naturally-occurring bacterial microbes that eliminate odors and stains at the source with a non-toxic and biodegradable formula that won't harm your pets, family or carpet.
To assure color-fastness, spot test on a small inconspicuous area of the surface to be cleaned.
- Clear area. Remove any solid residue from the carpet surface, and blot up excess liquid.
- Apply cleaner. Shake Simple Green Cat Pet Stain & Odor Remover gently. Saturate the soiled area with cleaner and scrub gently with brush or cloth.
- Let dry. Leave on until dry. Restrict traffic from area while drying.
- Repeat if necessary. Application to older stains or those that have been previously treated with other products may require repeat applications.
- Vacuum. Once the cleaned area is dry, vacuum to restore the carpet's softness and even nap.
Tip: Simple Green Cat Pet Stain & Odor Remover can be used on other fabric like upholstery and bedding.