HOW TO DISINFECT QUARTZ COUNTERTOPS
Quartz countertop material is a man-made product engineered from ground quartz blended with resins and pigments. It is an excellent material for kitchen countertops, as the super hard resin makes it non-porous. The advantage of this over a material like granite is that it's more stain resistant, harbors less bacteria, and doesn't need to be sealed.
Food preparation and cooking can be messy processes, and spills and splatters are a common occurrence. This means your quartz surfaces can quickly become a bacterial breeding ground for E. coli, Salmonella, cold, flu and more. Other possibly contaminated items that people tend to set on their countertops include purses, lunchboxes, backpacks, grocery bags, mail or other household objects.
It's recommended that you clean quartz countertops daily and disinfect them at least twice a week, on top of immediate spot disinfecting after any use of raw meat, eggs or dairy products.
Whether highly acidic or highly alkaline, products such as nail polish remover, glass cleaners, oven cleaners and concentrated bleach will disintegrate the bond between the quartz and resin, and potentially damage the surface. You should also avoid using abrasive sponges or scouring pads, as these can dull the polished surface of your quartz counters.
An EPA-registered disinfectant can eliminate cold, flu, E. Coli, Salmonella, Staph and other illness-causing bacteria in 2 minutes or less, remaining wet and active on hard, non-porous surfaces long enough to do its intended job.
When using on food contact surfaces: counter tops, stovetops, highchairs, kitchen appliances, thoroughly rinse all treated surfaces with potable (tap) water. This product must not be used to clean eating utensils, glassware and dishes.
WHERE TO BUY
Join Our Mailing List