How to Clean a Driveway
Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can be used with pressure washing equipment or for manual cleaning of concrete surfaces including driveways, sidewalks, patios and walkways. It removes oil, grease, grime and most stains and discolorations while still being non-corrosive and non-degrading. Its biodegradable formula is safe for lawns and pressure washing equipment alike.
Follow these instructions for a clean & beautiful driveway.
- Hose down driveway and allow surface to dry. Also spray all nearby plants, shrubs and grass with water.
- If using a pressure washer, test for surface compatibility in an inconspicuous area with and without the cleaner. Rinse and allow surface to dry before proceeding.
USING A PRESSURE WASHER
- Pour full-strength Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner into your pressure washer detergent tank, or drop your siphon tube into the bottle of Simple Green
- Use low-pressure spray nozzle to apply solution to surface, and allow 5-7 minutes to penetrate soils. Do not allow to dry before rinsing.
- Remove the siphon tube from the container, and rinse at high-pressure setting.
- Use a garden hose to saturate plants, shrubs and grass after cleaning your driveway to rinse away any residue.
- Mix 2 cups of Simple Green solution to 1 gallon of water in a separate container.
- Scrub driveway in sections using a soft bristle brush.
- Let the solution soak for 5-7 minutes to penetrate soils. Do not allow to dry.
- Rinse with a garden hose, at highest pressure possible.
- Move to a new section and repeat.
PRODUCT MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL ASPHALT SEALERS.
Available at these and other local stores.