HOW TO REMOVE ARMPIT STAINS
There's no way to spin armpit stains in a positive light. They can ruin a good shirt, and cause an embarrassing experience in public when someone notices that you look like you haven't done laundry in a month. The dingy, yellow look can be accompanied by a caked-on stiffness from accumulation of anti-perspirant, making matters worse.
Those unsightly marks aren't easy to remove with laundry detergent, or even laundry stain removers. This is partly due to the fact that those pit stains aren't just sweat, but often the result of deodorant that contains aluminum. The stains tend to be the result of our bodies reacting the aluminum, or the aluminum and the material in our clothing.
Home remedies from meat tenderizers to aspirin have been recommended, but half-measures tend to deliver half-results. For instance, peroxide is a popular stain remover, but it can turn certain fabrics yellow when exposed to sunlight. You should also avoid using chlorine bleach on a sweat stain, as this will likely worsen the stain.
Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is a cleaner, degreaser, deodorizer and stain remover that powers out dirt and grime and removes stubborn stains on washable surfaces, including clothing and fabric. It doesn't leave behind harsh chemicals or residue that can be absorbed into skin or cause irritation. It's the ideal cleaner for removing sweat stains on clothing.
Check the tag before cleaning. Dry-clean-only fabrics should be professionally treated.
- Wet. Wet the stain with clean water.
- Apply cleaner. Spray full strength Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner onto the stain until the material is saturated. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to allow the cleaner to penetrate the stained area.
- Scrub. If necessary, use an old toothbrush or nylon brush to scrub the stains.
- Rinse. Thoroughly rinse until water runs clear.
- Wash as normal. Add the shirt to your laundry and wash as you normally would.
- Air dry. You should let the shirt air dry after washing, to ensure the stains are gone. Putting the shirt in the dryer before removing the stain completely can set it permanently.