HOW TO CLEAN AN AIR FRYER
- Cloth or sponge
- Soft bristle brush
Crispy, air fried goodness while being a little bit healthier and using a fraction of the amount of grease a traditional fryer would? Count us in. Even though your air fryer cooks with less grease, there will still be some grease clean up and maintenance required after whipping up those delectable fried foods.
A dirty air fryer may lead to food particles getting stuck in places they're not supposed to, which could cause problems inside the appliance. A bit of dish soap and water is not the best way to clean an air fryer, as these can only do so much in terms of removing baked-on grease. Even the homemade mixture of baking soda and water can take 30 minutes to an hour (and quite a bit of elbow grease) to start removing gunk.
Never use metal utensils, steel wool, or abrasive sponges to remove any stuck-on food or to clean the air fryer basket or pans. These can damage the non-stick coating.
Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is a cleaner, degreaser, and deodorizer that can clean grease from the air fryer basket and trays, as well as remove grime and stains from both the inside and outside of the appliance. The formula will not leave behind chemicals that could be absorbed by your food.
The fry basket, trays, and pans should be washed thoroughly after each use. Deep clean the inside and outside of the appliance after every few uses using the directions below.
Directions for Cleaning an Air Fryer:
- Turn off and take out removable pieces. Turn your air fryer off, unplug it, and wait until it's cool to start cleaning. Cooling will take about 30 minutes, but it will cool quicker if you first remove the basket and pans from the main unit.
- Wipe down the outside. Mix 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner with 1 cup of water in an empty spray bottle. Spray it onto a damp cloth or sponge, then wipe the entire outside of the machine down.
- Clean the interior of the air fryer. Spray full-strength Simple Green onto a clean, damp cloth or sponge to clean the interior. If you come across any stuck-on food, scrub the spot with a soft sponge or soft bristle brush. Follow up with a plain damp cloth.
- Check the coil. Wipe down the coiled heating element with full strength Simple Green to remove any residue or oil. Again, follow that with a plain damp cloth.
- Wash the removable pieces. Wash the pans, trays, and baskets by hand or in the dishwasher as usual. Remember to check your instruction manual to make sure your components are dishwasher-safe.
- If necessary, soak in a Simple Green solution. If any of the washable parts have baked-on grease on them, mix hot water with Simple Green in your sink. Soak for about 10 minutes. Then remove the softened pieces with a scrub brush and rinse clean.
- Dry completely. Make sure the pans, trays, and basket are completely dry before replacing them in the air fryer.