Urine stains are among those little life annoyances that only become worse when ignored. Whether cleaning up after a potty-training toddler has wet the bed, housebreaking a pet or caring for an aging relative, accidents involving urine require quick and effective cleanup in order to help prevent a worsening stain.
From couches to carpet, mattresses and more, you can rejuvenate your urine-stained items with proper technique and cleaning tools. Mattress fabric has a tendency to hold on to urine stains, and removing them can be difficult - but not impossible. A waterproof mattress protector is a great investment, but it's not the end of the world if you don't own one.
Getting your urine-stained material back in shape requires more cleaning power than most typical household cleaning products are equipped to offer, however. Popular home-remedy items such as dish soap, white vinegar or baking soda can leave behind stains and potentially worsen the problem.
From stain removal to regular cleaning, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is an ideal cleaner and deodorizer for removing urine accident spots and stains.
Directions for Removing Urine Stains from Carpet:
Remember to always do a spot test on an inconspicuous area before use, and follow label precautions.
- Blot and absorb any excess urine with a paper towel. Dampen area with clean water.
- Apply full-strength Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner via spray, sponge or clean cloth. Leave on heavily urine-soaked areas for 3-5 minutes.
- Scrub the area with a soft bristled brush, working from the outer border of the stain toward the center to avoid spreading it.
- Rinse or damp-wipe with clean water, and repeat if needed.
- When using carpet extraction cleaners or other cleaning equipment, use a medium or light dilution.
Directions for Removing Urine Stains from Clothes:
- Fill sink with cold water, add 1/2 cup Simple Green.
- Add garments and allow to soak for 30-60 minutes.
- Add garments to washing machine, add detergent and wash as normal.
Stinky backyard? Get rid of the foul smells from your pet's urine with Simple Green® Outdoor Odor Eliminator – a non-toxic, biodegradable way to get your outdoor area smelling great again.