The outdoor barbecuing experience is a time-honored tradition in backyards around the globe. But keeping your charcoal grill clean can be a challenge, with sauce splatter, burger grease and accumulated leftover chunks of charred food on your grates - not to mention unwelcome leftover flavors from last week's fish cookout working their way into your burgers. Follow these simple steps to help keep your charcoal grill in great working order for years to come.
What You Need:
- Simple Green Heavy Duty BBQ & Grill Cleaner
- Grill brush
- Cleaning cloths or paper towels
- Make sure your grill is cool before cleaning. Remove the grilling and charcoal grates from your grill and lay each piece on newspaper to clean it without a huge making mess.
- Grill grates: Thoroughly coat grates with Simple Green Heavy Duty BBQ & Grill Cleaner, then let them soak for several minutes. Scrub away any grimy buildup with your grill brush. Rinse well.
- Underside of lid: Once the grill grates have been removed, coat the underside of the lid with Simple Green and use a grill brush to remove any large chunks, being careful not to scratch the surface. Wipe out and rinse thoroughly.
- Inside your grill: Coat the entire inside of the grill with Simple Green. Let it soak for several minutes before wiping out any grease, grime or food chunks. Rinse well.
- Outside of the grill (optional): If you don't use a grill cover, spray the outside Simple Green along the outside of your grill, and wipe down with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Put the grill back together: Put all the parts of the grill back together, clean the grill brush, throw away the newspaper and clean up the area so you're ready for your next barbeque.