Bamboo flooring is just as durable as hardwoods such as oak and maple, and it's more resistant to water damage than most woods. Available in a wide variety of styles, colors and finishes, this type of flooring is a great alternative to hardwood with the same natural appeal. In addition to aesthetic appeal and being often less expensive to install, cleaning bamboo floors is relatively easy.
The main culprit in the deterioration of any wood flooring is tiny particles of dust and dirt that are tracked into the room from people's shoes. When these tiny particles build up and are continuously walked on, they can dig down into the finish of the floor, causing dents, divots or even scratches, giving the bamboo a faded look.
This can be prevented by regular floor cleaning. Bamboo floors can be corroded by harsh detergents and cleaning agents, so you should always use pH balanced cleaners. It's also important to avoid cleaning with oil soap, ammonia-based cleaner, wax-based products, bleaches, and acidic materials such as vinegar, as these can damage the bamboo as well.
Although bamboo is more resistant to water damage than regular hardwood flooring, it is still a natural material made of organic elements, making it susceptible to warping and mold growth if excessive moisture is present. For this reason, only mop with a damp, almost dry mop to clean. Never wet mop or steam mop your bamboo flooring.
Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care cleans all hard floor surfaces with a safer, orally non-toxic formula that won't leave behind dangerous or dulling residue. The cleaner dries quickly, leaving behind a spotless and streak-free finish that allows the natural beauty of the flooring to shine through. Powerful, plant-based extracts, essential oils and minerals are used in place of petroleum distillates, ammonia, chlorine and other harsh chemicals commonly found in other floor cleaners.
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or microfiber mop. Do not use a vacuum with beater bars, as the bristles could wear down the finish of the flooring.
- Wet your mop. Lightly wet your mop pad or wipe with clean water.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. Follow the cleaner with a clean, lightly damp mop.
- Air dry. Allow the floor to completely dry before allowing foot traffic again.
Note: Although sponge mops can be used with this product, best results are achieved with a washable microfiber pad or disposable mopping pad. On highly reflective or glossy floors, damp mop with plain water as a final rinse to restore greatest shine. There are no polishes or waxes in this product.