Does your toaster leave a mess of crumbs everywhere when you move it? Is the outside covered in jelly gunk, coffee splatter or layers of greasy spatter from the nearby stovetop? Then it’s time for a cleaning.
Avoid using spray cleaners on your toaster, as chemical residue from overspray can get inside and wind up on your next serving of toast, or drip down and damage the electrical components. General kitchen cleaners also can be ineffective against grease and oils that can build up on the exterior. Simple Green All-Purpose Wipes offer safer cleaning and degreasing in a convenient, ready-to-use wipe. They’re pre-moistened with Simple Green’s powerful cleaner and degreaser that’s orally non-toxic and biodegradable, and won’t leave behind harsh residues.
- Unplug the toaster. Make sure it’s cool to the touch before cleaning.
- Remove the crumb tray and shake out the toaster. If there’s a removable crumb tray, slide it out of the base of the toaster, dump out the crumbs and set the tray aside. Hold the toaster over a sink or trash can and shake it to dislodge any loose crumbs or chunks of toast that have settled at the bottom or are trapped in the wire coils. Gently tap the side of the toaster to help removal. For any crumbs that won’t shake free, use a clean, dry toothbrush or paintbrush to dislodge them.
- Apply Simple Green All-Purpose Wipes. Use Simple Green All-Purpose Wipes to wipe the entire outer surface of the toaster, as well as the lever handle and crumb tray. For any small surface areas such as buttons or knobs, fold the wipe and use corners to get into the tiny crevices.
- Rinse. Damp-wipe the outside of the toaster and crumb tray with a soft cloth or microfiber towel.
- Dry. Use a dry cloth or microfiber towel to wipe away any remaining moisture.
- Replace the crumb tray. Once dry, slide the crumb tray back into place, and plug in your toaster.
Before cleaning, please consult the Owner’s Manual for any important precautions, instructions or warranty requirements.