We love our smoothies, but cleaning a blender can be an unappealing task. The small components and bulky carafe can be unwieldy, while the sharp blades can be a challenge to clean.
To avoid the need for frequent deep cleaning, you should thoroughly rinse your blender immediately following each use. Food and liquid will be far easier to remove from your blender if it doesn't have the chance to dry on the surface before you wash it. For greasy residue that dish soap and dishwashers can't handle, or to deodorize and deep clean, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can help.
If your blender is still under warranty, check your owner's manual for any precautions.
For deodorizing and light cleaning:
- Fill your blender halfway with warm water.
- Add half a lemon.
- Add 1 oz. of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner.
- Place the lid on and run blender on high for 60 seconds.
- Pour out the contents and rinse with hot water, using a sponge or scrub brush to get rid of any visible build-up.
- Wash by hand or in dishwasher.
Bonus Tip: Pour out the contents into your running garbage disposal to deodorize that as well!
For deep cleaning:
- Unplug blender and disassemble. Remove the blender from the base and unscrew the bottom component. Remove the gasket seal and the blade.
- Rinse out the blender carafe, and spray with Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner.
- Use a sponge or scrub brush to clear away any build-up, cleaning the carafe inside and out.
- Separate lid pieces, rinse and spray with Simple Green. Scrub away any build-up and rinse.
- Fill a jar or other container with hot water. Add 1 oz. of Simple Green per 1 cup of water.
- Add the gasket seal, cutting blades, and locking ring to the jar. Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, scrubbing all components.
- Wash carafe, lid, gasket, seal, cutting blades and locking ring as usual.
- Clean the motor housing. Spray Simple Green on a paper towel, and wipe down the motor and base of the blender. Never submerge the motor/base in water, or place in dishwasher. Also remember to wipe down the cord periodically with a damp cloth lightly sprayed with Simple Green, and to check it for damage.
- Reassemble the blender.