Pop-up tents and play tunnels are great fun for kids, but among playtime, snacks, naps and general use, they are easily dirtied. They're even more likely to get soiled or stained when you set them up outside.
Most play tents and spring pop tunnels are treated with waterproofing chemicals as well as stain resistant and mildew resistant chemicals, so it's important to clean these tents and tunnels with a cleaner that won't deteriorate the treatment finish or special coating.
Sometimes soap and water alone doesn't get the job done, and harsh cleaning chemicals from some popular products can be toxic or irritating to skin, and discolor the material on the tents and tunnels. Simple Green Naturals Multi-Surface Care is a safer, natural alternative to commonly found harsh, synthetic chemicals. The non-toxic formula is made from 100% naturally-sourced ingredients, and doesn't leave behind toxic chemical residues that can get on skin and into children's mouths. It removes food residue, dirt and grime and more, without degrading or discoloring the tent material.
Clean the tent when it is opened and standing upright.
- Remove debris. Shake, sweep or brush out any loose dirt or crumbs
- Apply cleaner. Spray Simple Green Naturals Multi-Surface Care on a microfiber cloth to wipe-apply.
- Scrub. For visible soils, use a nylon-bristled brush or toothbrush to scrub away the dirt.
- Rinse. Rinse tent with clean water or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Dry. Wipe with a dry cloth or allow to air dry.
Tip: Always clean the tent before folding it down and storing it in its pouch or carry case. To prevent mold or mildew, never fold and store the play tent or tunnel when wet or damp.