High chairs are made for messes, but high chair straps are often difficult to clean. Daily wipe downs don't remove engrained food grime that can quickly build up and cause staining or skin irritations, so cleaning them thoroughly is important.
Removing high chair straps can be difficult or time-consuming, and putting them in a washing machine or dishwasher may not be possible due to plastic or metal attachments. Sometimes dish soap and water alone doesn't get the job done, and harsh cleaning chemicals from some popular products can leave behind toxic residue that is irritating to skin.
Simple Green Naturals Multi-Surface Care is a safer, natural alternative to commonly found harsh, synthetic chemicals, with a non-toxic formula made from 100% naturally-sourced ingredients. It uses no degrading chemicals and rinses cleanly, so it's great for regular use.
Need to clean the entire high chair? Use this tip.
Before cleaning, check the high chair Owner's Manual for specific care instructions.
- Detach removable straps. If straps are removable, remove them before cleaning.
- Apply cleaner. Spray Simple Green Naturals Multi-Surface Care on the surface, or on a microfiber cloth to wipe-apply.
- Scrub. For visible soils and hard to reach areas, use a nylon-bristled brush or toothbrush to scrub away the dirt.
- Rinse. Rinse with water or wipe down straps with a damp cloth.
- Dry and reassemble. Use a dry cloth or towel to dry the straps, or hang and air dry. If necessary, reattach to high chair.