How to Clean Upholstered Furniture
When in doubt about a surface, always spot test first.
- Remove any gross soils from surface.
- Mix 1 oz. Simple Green per 1 cup of water.
- Dampen stains with clean water.
- Spray solution onto stain.
- Allow a few minutes for the solution to penetrate the soil.
- Gently rub and blot with clean damp towel or absorbent cloth.
- Allow cleaned area to completely dry before resuming traffic.
Carpet Cleaning Machine
- Mix 4 oz. Simple Green per ½ gallon of water into a pump type sprayer.
- Apply solution onto the carpet in sections.
- Agitate by brushing or scrubbing (a push broom or soft nylon brush work well).
- Extract with the carpet cleaning machine with clean water (add a small amount of white vinegar to reduce foaming in the recovery tank).
- Allow cleaned area to completely dry.
HEAVY SOILS MAY REQUIRE REPEATED APPLICATION.
Do not allow Simple Green solution to dry onto carpet or upholstered surfaces. If residues are allowed to dry onto the surface, use vinegar or a hydrogen peroxide and baking soda solution.
If you aren't sure if Simple Green is compatible with a specific upholstery, vinyl, or other synthetic type of furniture, contact the item's manufacture for confirmation.