How to Clean a Car Dashboard
Your dashboard is arguably the most important area of your car's interior to keep clean. You're always using it and touching the console buttons, looking at it to check your speed, for radio stations and driving directions, and you and your passengers are always facing it.
Whether it be annoying dust or sticky coffee splatters, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is perfect for cleaning the various areas on your dashboard. It's gentle enough to handle loose dust and dirt, but strong enough to wipe away leftover rings in the cup holders and smudgy oils from dirty hands.
If you're unsure about how Simple Green will affect a surface, be sure to spot test before cleaning.
- Wipe the dashboard and center console with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Mix your Simple Green solution. Dilute about one ounce of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner with one cup of water in a spray bottle.
- Apply to the dashboard and center console. Spray your solution onto a clean microfiber cloth and wipe on. Do not let the product dry on the surface.
- Rinse with clean water. Rinse by wiping with a damp microfiber or non-abrasive cloth.
- Dry. Use a non-abrasive cloth or paper towels to wipe the entire surface.
- Use a small brush to clean dashboard knobs. You can use a vent and dash brush, if you have one. Otherwise, an old toothbrush will be just as effective. Run this brush over the dashboard knobs, vents, radio, gear shift, and any other crevices where dust and dirt may have gotten left behind.
- Repeat if necessary.