How to Clean Car Carpet
It's bad enough that your car carpet rarely sees anything but the bottoms of dirty shoes. Throw in forgotten pieces of candy and old chips, spilled soda and coffee, dried mud and dirt, and your floor mats and carpets take their fair share of beatings on a daily basis.
Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can spot-clean stains or even work in a carpet cleaning machine to tackle those tough-to-clean areas. Plus, it's non-toxic and biodegradable – safer for the environment, your family, and your car.
If you're unsure about how Simple Green will affect a surface, be sure to spot test before cleaning.
- Remove excess mess. Scrape up any solid mess with a spoon and blot up any liquid from the carpet before you begin cleaning.
- Dampen the stain with clean water. Gently blot with a towel that you've dampened with cold water.
- Apply your Simple Green solution. Spray a solution of 1 oz. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner and 1 cup water onto the stain. Let it sit for a few minutes to soak.
- Agitate the stain. Gently blot with a clean, damp towel or absorbent cloth.
- Rinse. Use a damp towel or cloth to wipe away the Simple Green.
- Allow to air dry. Prevent contact with the treated area until it's completely dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
Carpet Cleaning Machine
- Mix your Simple Green solution. Mix 4 oz. Simple Green per ½ gallon of water into your carpet cleaning machine.
- Apply solution onto the carpet in sections.
- Agitate the stain. Gently brush or scrub the area (a soft nylon brush works best).
- Extract with the carpet cleaner and clean water. If necessary, add a small amount of white vinegar to reduce foaming in the recovery tank.
- Allow the area to dry completely. Prevent contact with the treated area until it's completely dry.
- Repeat if necessary. Do not allow your Simple Green solution to dry onto carpet or upholstered surfaces.
Available at these and other local stores.