How to Clean Dog Toys (Fabric)
As the fabric tears, bite marks and loose stuffing can confirm, dogs sure do love their toys. From rubber to plush, squeaky to (mercifully) silent, if you're a dog owner there's a good chance your home is littered with dog toys, often in various states of disrepair. It's a good thing pet stores have plenty of cheap ones!
Even if your dogs aren't the type to slobber all over a toy, their playthings do still get plenty dirty. Dust, hair and other gunk tend to accumulate on toys due to your pooch's endless gnawing and pawing at them. There's a reason we call them chew toys!
Popular household cleaners and laundry detergents wont eliminate tough stains and odors left behind by your dog, and some products may contain substances which can irritate your dog's sensitive nose. Simple Green Bio Dog Stain & Odor Remover is surface safe, with a formula that eliminates stains and odor. It lifts new, old and set-in stains and quickly eliminates odors from animal waste, blood, vomit, grass, mud and more.
Directions For Cleaning Dog Toys:
If the toys are cloth or fabric, be sure to check the cleaning label on them first.
- Apply cleaner. Shake the container gently. Spray Simple Green Bio Dog on the surface, or onto a microfiber cloth to wipe-apply.
- Scrub. Use a nylon-bristled brush or toothbrush to scrub away any grime or dirt.
- Rinse. Rinse the toy with clean water.
- Dry. Air dry or wipe with a clean, dry cloth.
- Apply product. Shake the container gently. Thoroughly saturate any stained or excessively dirty areas.
- Let sit. Allow the product to remain on the soiled/stained area for approximately 10 minutes before putting the item into the washing machine.
- Launder as usual.