HOW TO REMOVE PET STAINS FROM CARPET
Removing urine stains is an unfortunate chore for all pet owners. Whether it's part of a dog's housetraining, an accident, bad habit or as part of a pet's way of telling you that something is wrong, urine clean-up is an inevitable part of a pet lover's responsibilities.
Accidents involving pet urine require quick and effective clean-up in order to help prevent the problem from happening again. The ammonia-like stench is anything but pleasant for the owner, and can encourage pets to re-mark the area.
Urine is usually around 95% water, with the other 5% a varying chemical cocktail based on the animal's consumption. Proteins, uric acid, salts, minerals, ammonia and more can all be found in pet urine.
Getting your urine-soaked carpeting, mattress or couch back in shape requires more cleaning power than typical household cleaners are equipped to offer. They can leave behind stains or only temporarily mask odors, making urine stains considerably harder to remove after they have dried.
Remember to always do a spot test on an inconspicuous area before use, and follow label precautions.
Shake container gently.
- Blot and absorb any excess urine with a paper towel.
- Spray the soiled area with Simple Green Bio Dog Bio-Active Stain & Odor Remover and allow the product to remain on the surface until dry. Restrict traffic while the area is drying.
- For heavily soiled areas with strong odor, saturate the soiled area and cover with clean cloth or paper towel. Allow to remain like this for 4-5 hrs. You will see the stain absorb up into the toweling.
- If necessary, repeat this process until the stain is gone. Once the stain is gone and the area is dry, softly brush upholstery or vacuum carpet.
- This product can also be used in carpet extraction machines. Blot and absorb any excess urine with a paper towel.
- Pre-treat urine spots or stains on carpet with Simple Green Bio Dog Bio-Active Stain & Odor Remover.
- Mix 3 ounces of formula per gallon of water that is held in machine reservoir. Follow all usual instructions for using the machine.