HOW TO CLEAN MOLD OFF WALLS
Mold growth usually occurs in dark, damp, warm environments without proper ventilation. Sometimes mold on walls can be due to water damage from plumbing leaks or badly insulated heating pipes that can both cause a build-up of moisture behind walls. Prior to cleaning, be sure to fix leaks as soon as you find them, as waterlogged areas allow mold to thrive.
Not only is it unsightly, mold can also be bad for your health – it releases microscopic spores that can cause allergic reactions, runny noses and sneezing, as well as irritating odors.
An EPA-registered disinfectant will effectively inhibit mold growth and the odors caused by it when applied to hard, non-porous surfaces.
At 2 oz. per gallon, Simple Green d Pro 5 will effectively inhibit the growth of mold and mildew and the odors caused by them when applied to hard, non-porous surfaces.
MOLD AND MILDEW CONTROL DIRECTIONS:
- Apply use-solution to hard, non-porous surfaces, thoroughly wetting the surfaces, with a cloth, mop, sponge, sprayer or by immersion.
- Treated surfaces must remain wet for 10 minutes.
- Wipe dry with a cloth, sponge or mop or allow to air dry.
- For heavily soiled areas, a preliminary cleaning is required.
- For sprayer applications, use a coarse spray device. Spray 6-8 inches from surface; rub with brush, sponge or cloth. Avoid breathing spray.
- Repeat treatment every seven days, or more often if new growth appears.
- Rinse all surfaces that come in contact with food such as countertops, appliances, tables and stovetops with potable water before reuse.