How to Clean PVC Fence
A few simple repairs and a thorough cleaning a few times a year will help keep your fence looking like it did the day it was installed. Simple Green Deck and Fence Cleaner is ideal for both manual and pressure washing a PVC fence to lift dirt and grime. If using a pressure washer, avoid using a maximum pressure setting, as too much force can damage the surface. Spot test on a remote or hidden part of the fence to ensure appropriate pressure.
USING A PRESSURE WASHER
- Rinse the fence with water using the pressure washer or garden hose.
- Place the pressure washer's siphon and filter into your Simple Green Deck and Fence Cleaner container, or pour into the pressure washer's detergent reservoir.
- Apply Simple Green to the fence in sections, keeping the tip at least 2 feet from the surface.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the solution to loosen . Do not allow the solution to dry on the surface.
- Scrub visibly stained areas lightly to remove heavy dirt from surface.
- Rinse well with pressure washer. Be sure to remove all cleaner and loose dirt from the surface.
- Hose down the surface of your fence.
- Mix 2 cups Simple Green Deck and Fence Cleaner per gallon of water.
- Apply the solution in sections, using a pump sprayer or soft, non-abrasive scrub brush.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the solution to loosen dirt and grime. Do not allow the solution to dry on the surface of your fence.
- Scrub visibly dirty areas lightly to remove heavy dirt stains.
- Rinse well with hose, making sure to remove all cleaner and loose dirt from the fence.
Available at these and other local stores.