How to Clean Concrete Patio
Your patio faces all types of dirt, debris and stains from being outdoors. Fortunately, you don't have to work too hard to clean it. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is not only safe and easy to use for a wide variety of outdoor uses, its non-toxic & biodegradable formula is also safer to use around your family, pets and yard. See below for instructions on how to clean your outside patio and concrete floor.
Hose down the patio and allow surface to dry. Also spray all nearby plants, shrubs and grass with water.
If using a pressure washer, test for surface compatibility in an inconspicuous area with and without the cleaner. Rinse and allow surface to dry before proceeding.
USING A PRESSURE WASHER
- Pour full-strength Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner into your pressure washer detergent tank, or drop your siphon tube into the bottle of Simple Green
- Use low-pressure spray nozzle to apply solution to surface, and allow 5-7 minutes to penetrate soils. Do not allow to dry before rinsing.
- Remove the siphon tube from the container, and rinse at high-pressure setting.
- Use a garden hose to saturate plants, shrubs and grass after cleaning your driveway to rinse away any residue.
- Mix 2 cups of Simple Green solution to 1 gallon of water in a separate container.
- Scrub driveway in sections using a soft bristle brush.
- Let the solution soak for 5-7 minutes to penetrate soils. Do not allow to dry.
- Rinse with a garden hose, at highest pressure possible.
- Move to a new section and repeat.
Stinky outdoor area? Check out this tip on getting rid of gross outdoor smells your pets leave behind.
Available at these and other local stores: