How to Clean Upholstered Headboards
Fabric headboards have beautiful appeal in the bedroom, but compared to wood and other solid surfaces, keeping them clean requires dedicated attention. Natural oils, as well as oils from skin lotions and hair products tend to be the biggest troublemakers when caring for a headboard. Follow these instructions to keep yours looking great.
When in doubt about a surface, always spot test first.
- Mix 1 oz. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner to a cup of water, and add to empty spray bottle.
- Dampen the stain with clean water, then spray the Simple Green solution onto a clean, damp cloth and gently rub or agitate the stain.
- Blot with clean damp towel or absorbent cloth.
- Allow cleaned area to completely dry before contact.
CARPET CLEANING MACHINE (with hand tool attachment)
- Mix a 1:10 dilution of Simple Green and water.
- Apply the solution onto the headboard in sections with a clean cloth, or lightly mist surface with a spray bottle.
- Extract with the carpet cleaning machine using clean water (add a small amount of white vinegar to reduce foaming in the recovery tank).
- Apply Simple Green in sections. Do not allow the product to dry onto the surface.
- Allow cleaned area to completely dry.
Heavy soils may require repeated application.
Do not allow Simple Green solution to dry onto upholstered surfaces. If residues are allowed to dry onto the surface, use vinegar or a hydrogen peroxide and baking soda solution to remove.
Always check your product warranty before cleaning. If you aren't sure if Simple Green is compatible with a specific upholstery, contact the item's manufacture for confirmation.
Available at these and other local stores.